If you have any questions regarding this policy or your personal information, we can be contacted via mail, email, or phone at the following:
The Journal of Corporate Governance, Insurance, and Risk Management (JCGIRM)
Prof. Simon Grima, Chief Editor
Department of Insurance
Faculty of Economics, Management and Accountancy
University of Malta, Msida, MSD2080
Tel.: (+356) 2340 3368
For more efficient and expedient handling of your request, please include the exact name, contact information, and, if possible, account number(s).
WEB SITE VISITS
For each visitor to our Web page, our Web server automatically recognizes and collects only your domain name, but not the e-mail address, unless you volunteer it. JCGIRM uses standard cookie technology, which you can disable through your Web Browser Options, to store visitor’s preferences, record session information, such as items that consumers add to their shopping cart, and record past activity at a site. We do not use Cookie technology to harvest email address or other personal information. Additionally, when you view our site by linking from another web page we may store the name of that web page. All the information collected through cookies is for internal use only and is used to compile aggregate information to analyze site, page, and JCGIRM service and consumer purchasing behaviour. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible experience on our Web Site.
As part of the newsletter registration, JCGIRM may require your email address. The email address you provide as part of the process will be used to for that reason only.
As part of purchasing products from JCGIRM, requesting services, participating in surveys, or accessing special areas on our site, you may be required to supply us with personal information. Upon request, we offer you the ability to have inaccuracies in your contact information corrected. You can have your information corrected by contacting us.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
JCGIRM currently does not sell or rent any personally identifiable information to Third Parties. We do occasionally, upon careful consideration, exchange postal information with other publishers when we feel their journals/products may be of specific interest to you. JCGIRM may also disclose overlays of customer’s purchasing behaviours and customer data in aggregate form to Marketing/Industry Research Firms, Associations, and Business Partners. If you do not wish to have your customer data exchanged or disclosed, please let us know by calling us at the number provided above, e-mailing us at the above address, writing to us at the above address, or updating your Web Account.
Additionally, we may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is reasonably necessary to: comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms of business, protect our rights and those of our users, or with your consent.
We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
JCGIRM uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server and will notify visitors that they are on a secure server. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you on our site.
CHANGES & AMENDMENTS
Terms and Conditions of Access and Permitted Usage of JCGIRM
This website (JCGIRM.com ) is owned and operated by the University of Malta and CIRU (“the Editor”). Please read the following carefully as it describes permitted and non-permitted use of all Content by all Users on JCGIRM. By accessing and using this website you are agreeing to abide by the Terms and Conditions of Access. Please do not use this website if you do not agree with any of the Terms and Conditions.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to the Editor, including but not limited to the design, layout and graphics. These are protected by intellectual property laws including, without restriction, copyright, trademarks and database rights. You agree not to use any of this material in any form or medium for any purpose (including re-distribution or re-publication to anyone else) without prior written permission from the relevant intellectual property rights owner. The terms under which any person may download or copy any journal article are contained in a written licence granted by the Editor separate from these terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise stated in a written licence granted by the Editor it is not permitted for any user to:
- remove or alter the authors’ names or the Editor’s copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear on JCGIRM;
- systematically make print or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the Content, including complete issues, for any purpose;
- mount or distribute any part of the Content on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web;
- distribute, publish, sell or license all or any part of the Content in any format to anyone;
- use any robots, crawlers, spiders or other downloading devices to access or copy any Content.
The Editor’s explicit written permission must be obtained in order to:
- use all or any part of the Content for any commercial purpose;
- systematically distribute, or give access to, the whole or any part of the Content to anyone;
- publish, distribute or make available the Content, works based on the Content or works which combine them with any other material;
- alter, abridge, adapt or modify the Content. For the avoidance of doubt, no alteration of the words or their order is permitted.
COURSE PACKS AND ELECTRONIC RESERVE
For the avoidance of doubt, users may not incorporate all or any part of the Content in Course Packs and Electronic Reserve collections without the prior written permission of the Editor or the Editor’s Representative, which may set out further terms and conditions for such usage.
Commentary and other materials posted on this website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. The Editor, therefore, disclaims all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to this website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. The Editor cannot guarantee that availability of any services operated from this website or linked services will be uninterrupted, error-free or that any service or the servers hosting any service are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code.
The material displayed on this website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, the Editor and third parties connected to the Editor hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with this website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of this website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect the Editor’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, nor the Editor’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Maltese law; the parties irrevocably agree that any dispute arising out of, or in connection with, these terms and conditions will be subject to, and within, the jurisdiction of the Maltese courts.
Please see below for definitions of the terms used in these Terms and Conditions:
- Content: All material on this website including text, images, design and other information.
- Course Packs: A collection or compilation of materials (e.g. book chapters, journal articles) assembled by members of staff of an institution for use by students in a class for the purposes of instruction.
- Electronic Reserve: Electronic copies of materials (e.g. book chapters, journal articles) assembled by members of staff of an institution for use by students in a class for the purposes of instruction.
CHANGES & AMENDMENTS
The Editor reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notification. Your continued use will mean you have accepted any changes.